Monday, April 22, 2013

Elf Love

I just got back from 5 days in Dakar, Senegal, where I attended a conference for the English Language Fellows (ELFs) from subsaharan Africa. It was an unforgetable week as we shared our stories from our respective countries. From $30 hamburgers in Angola to teaching at the last Afrikaner University in South Africa, I learned to appreciate some of the things I have in Ethiopia. We cried, laughed, danced, ate, and sang together and parted as friends. During our Success Stories, I shared two of the activities we did in Coffee Talk and also taught to the local high school kids. The teachers fully participated in Quarrelling and Without Saying Yes or No.

 
 On the boat to Goree Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Countryside

The Countryside
A shepard in the countryside plays the washint (flute) to pass the time.